Sunday, April 22, 2018

Nothing is Tiring



Just finished up a week playing Mr. Mom while the wife was away on a business trip. While no metaphorical monkey wrench flew into the proverbial machinery of the normal routine, it was a long tiring week. What I'm trying to say is that I rediscovered that nothing can be quite exhausting.

Nothing mainly consisted of running my daughter to and from school and various activities, which were usually scheduled during rush hour traffic. But it also included keeping the house reasonably clean and straight, the dogs and cats fed and watered, and doing the bare minimum of yard work. Yes, that last one is a standard practice but thrown in with the other chores made it worse.

Long story short, after a week of nothing I need a vacation. 

4 comments:

Harry Hamid said...

The weekends when I don't, technically, have anything to do are the most exhausting weekends.

The Bug said...

It's always exhausting when you have to do work that's usually split up between two people. I know that's how my husband felt when I was out of commission all those months.

Now here it is Sunday night & I am not at all rested up from the weekend - I need another two days to relax after cleaning my house. No wonder I do it so infrequently. Ha!

Commander Zaius said...

Harry: My biggest problem was that my simple, normal chores took up just enough time to make anything "fun" out of the question.

The Bug: I really shouldn't complain I guess, wife got home safely and my daughter completed all her homework over the week. Something that usually requires a lot of convincing.

Pixel Peeper said...

I don't have cats, dogs, or kids at home, and I don't work on the lawn - and I'm still exhausted!